Nutrition and health is on my mind all hours of the day…I can’t help myself! Skincare is my second love–so much so, I could practically be a skin aesthetician. I devour everything on nourishing the skin from the inside out and the pitfalls along the way. I love to recipe-experiment and I always keep it simple. I especially love to cook with others and a glass of wine. My other passions are weight training, yoga, finding new music, reading, art, photography and long walks (very therapeutic), I can’t live without my smoothies and juices, guacamole, popcorn and a good movie or basketball game.
I am a dedicated professional and practitioner of nutrition, holding many certifications including a holistic health coach certification, a sports nutrition certification, and a certification in TCM–a neuro-linguistic coaching technique for behavior modification.
I attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City, studying dietary theories, contemporary health issues and topics, and Eastern and Western nutrition. At IIN, I had the pleasure of learning from some of the top professionals in the Nutrition field, such as Dr. Mark Hyman, Deepak Chopra, Dr. David Katz of Yale University, Lynn Goldstein and David Wolfe. Additionally, I am currently completing my certification through the Institute for Functional Medicine on Functional Nutrition.
What I enjoy the most is understanding everything that’s going in nutrition–including the science behind it, the trends, the latest research–and delivering the information in a digestible, accessible way to my clients and program participants.
Degrees, Studies, Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts/Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
- AAS Advertising Communications, Fashion Institute Technology, New York City
- Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC) Institute for Integrative Nutrition, New York City
- Certificate in Holistic Health Coaching/Purchase College, SUNY
- Certification American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
- Sports Nutrition Certification/ Precision Nutrition Level 1
- TCM Certified (Neuro-linguistic-based program for behavior change/modification)
- Member of American Holistic Medical Association (AHMA)
- Member of National Association of Professional Woman (NAPW)
ViaNutrition is based in New Jersey where we provide nutrition and health coaching for individuals and seminars to the local community, offering online detox and cleanse programs and private coaching.
Need a photo of Karen for your website, event or publication? Download high-resolution photos for media use by clicking here. If you need an alternate style or photo simply let us know via our contact page.